Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Winter Week Goes By

Well, another week has come and gone in this strange Winter in Kansas City. It starts off with temperatures near zero, and ends with a record high temperature of 70 degrees today on Saturday. At least the record high was on a weekend when we could enjoy it.

So, what happened this week? Work was crazy busy. Meetings at the Stadium, budget cutbacks by the State of Missouri, sending proposals and invoices for the same work simultaneously to clients... pretty bizarre. The home life has been just as busy. Girl Scouts, Mad Science, Spanish Club, Girl Scout Cookie Distribution, Ballet, Kid's Creed, a Baby Shower for an Elementary School Teacher, Soccer Practice, a Soccer Game, Homework, and
there's probably about 15 other things that I forgot. Plus, I finally am getting started on Sara's dollhouse, and I built a new computer for Grandma Jan (delivery is tomorrow).

As I said earlier, at least today was nice. Started off in the low 30's but climbed up to 70 by mid afternoon. But, if it's that warm this time of the year, it's also going to be windy. Windy as in 20 to 30 mph wind windy. The winds didn't stop me and the McCorkle's from putting in a couple hours on the bike this morning. Took it fairly easy, but at this time of the year, it's just all about getting on the bike, getting the miles in, and just being sociable.


This evening, Libby had her first indoor soccer game in four weeks. The girls played well, but lost 5 - 3 to the Dominators. Afterwards, we went to Tanne
rs (mmmm Chicken Lips!) with the Johnsons and the Paccapaniccias. The girls (Libby, Courtney, and Lauren, were nice enough to take time out of eating to pose for a quick picture.
Tomorrow, it's Super Bowl Sunday. My prediction... Steelers 24-14. I'll be waving my Terrible Towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment