Then, we got some snow on Friday Night / Saturday morning, so the girls HAD to go out and build a snowman. I think Sara rolled the entire bottom ball all by herself. It warmed up later in the day, and our snowman suffered that fate that Frosty should have had happen to him when he went in the hothouse (Die Frosty Die!).
Today, I thought I was going to relax. No such luck. Some friends conned me into riding in an unofficial, underground cyclocross race at a local middle school. Seeing that I'm a roadie and have never ridden cross, this had all the makings of not turning out well. I had to borrow a cross bike (that was one size too small), swap pedals, and figure out how to ride through the grass, up muddy hills, around trees, down mulch paths, etc. I'm just happy that I didn't finish last and that I stayed upright the whole time. Now, I'm exhausted and sore from the bar that was too small in diameter and from being in an awkward position due to the smaller frame. I had a great time anyway. It was a lot of fun. The Belgian beer and frites that we had afterward wasn't too bad either. Now, if I can only talk Lori into giving me a massage...
No comments:
Post a Comment